Huie provides insight into recent case law related to 2018 Alabama medical malpractice appellate court decisions.
Specifically, we examine the following issues and their relevant case law:
- $10 Million Failure to Diagnose Meningitis Verdict Reversed
- Physician Acting as Emergency Department Physician Versus Hospitalist
- Physician Failure to Report an Emergency to a Consulting Physician Still Requires Proof by a Similarly Situated Expert Witness
- Discovery Exceeding the Limitations of the Alabama Medical Liability Act Prohibited
- Use of Documents Produced in One Case in Another
- Reemergence of “Better-Position” Doctrine
- Direct Negligence Claims Against Hospitals Require Independent Standard of Care Testimony
Read the full 2018 Alabama medical malpractice appellate decisions report, click here.