Huie is a member of ALFA International, the premier network of independent law firms. ALFA International’s Construction Law Practice Group recently prepared a 2020 Compendium, which is a state-by-state resource on important construction law issues. Huie partners Jimmy Brady, Bart Cannon and Brent Almond authored the section for Alabama.
The Compendium provides a synopsis of significant case law and statutes involving:
- Mechanic’s Lien Basics
- Statutes of Limitation and Repose
- Pre-suit Notice of Claim and Opportunity to Cure
- Insurance Coverage and Allocation Issues
- Contractual Indemnification
- Contingent Payment Agreements
- Damage Limitations
- Case Law and Legislation Update
The 2020 Compendium can be found on ALFA International’s Construction Compendium Page.